HoseGuard® – compressed air safety fuse. Protect your most important assets: Your employees, contractors, customers and their equipment!
HoseGuard – Compressed Air Safety Fuse
The HoseGuard® Compressed Air Safety Fuse offers simple but efficient protection to pneumatic systems in the event of a broken compressed air hose or pipe. The air supply is immediately shut off by the HoseGuard, should the volume of air exceed a preset value. This “value” is factory preset and is set to allow normal air consumption when using air tools. As a preset value it cannot be changed or altered and so gives you peace of mind that the unit will operate correctly every time.
Watch this great new video from Tri-Matic, the manufacturers of HoseGuard to better see how it works and why it can help saves lives and reduce your OHS risk!.
Want to see how it works in real life? The following video shows the difference when a hose line with and without a HoseGuard is “severed”.
Should the air consumption exceed the set value, e.g. the air line is severed, then the internal piston within the compressed air safety fuse instantly shuts off the main flow. An integral bleed hole allows some air to flow though. This feature enables the line pressure to automatically reset the HoseGuard once the main break is repaired. This feature offers a significant time saving – it means that you don’t have to manually reset every air safety fuse after an incident.
HoseGuard comes in three variants and both BSP and NPT fittings (please see the catalogue for detailed technical specifications):
- Standard Flow – ranges from 660 L/min in the 1/4″ unit to 5,185 L/ min in the 1″ unit
- Low Flow – available in 1/4″ only and at a flow of 52 L/ min
- High Flow – ranges from 1,095 L/ min in the 1/4″ unit to 7,600 L/ min in the 1″ unit
HoseGuard units are manufactured with an aluminium housing with internals parts made from nitrile rubber, plastic and stainless steel. A stainless steel variation of the HoseGuard is available on special order, it has a Stainless Steel housing and different internal parts to the standard unit. Stainless steel HoseGuards are a special order item and require a minimum order of 200 units.
Download a Free Whitepaper – Blown Away: How Compressed Air Risks Lives
To find out how compressed air could kill or severely injure your workers, customers or contractors, simply enter your email address below to receive a PDF Whitepaper on Compressed Air Safety.
Features of the HoseGuard Compressed Air Safety Fuse
- Standard sizes – 1/4″ to 2″
- BSP and NPT fittings
- 3″ available as a special order (minimum order of 250 units)
- High Flow and Low Flow variants available in some sizes.
- Stainless steel variants available as a special order (minimum order of 200 units)
- Protects personnel, machinery and plant
- Maintenance friendly – repair possible while plant is still working
- Economic: competitive pricing, no unnecessary repairs
- Reliable and tamper proof, no adjustment necessary
- Light weight – compact size
- Compatible with all pneumatic systems
- Can be used as a flow blocker
- Complies with EN ISO 4414/ISO 4414 * 22.214.171.124.1 Machine Directive 2006/42/EG
- Complies with OSHA USA: 1926 Safety & Health Regulations for Construction Power-operated hand tools – 1926.302/b.7 OSHA regulations (Standards – 29 CFR)
- MSHA (Mine Safety and Health Administration) Regulations: 30 CFR Sections §56.13021 High-pressure hose connection states: 30 CFR Sections §57.1730. Compressed air; general; compressed air systems
- TÜV Approval No. 01-02-0145. EU Registered Utility Model No. 0025 73 525. USA/US Design Patent D 475, 126
Suitable for every application where compressed air is used. Here are some examples of where a Compressed Air Safety Fuse is ideal:
- All manufacturing facilities
- Aerospace facilities
- Mining industries
- Tool and Machinery Hire companies
- Road works / Highway construction
- Petrol Station air hoses
- Trade Show venues
- Roofing and Flooring contractors
- Automotive workshops
- Chemical and Pharmaceutical industries
- Clean rooms
- Off- and On-Shore platforms / drilling rigs
Watch another short video from Tri-Matic that demonstrates how an unguarded hose line can be a dangerous projectile … and then see the difference when you add a HoseGuard unit!
Download Catalogue and Technical Specifications
HoseGuard – technical details
Download Protect-Air’s Full Catalogue, including HoseGuard models and specifications in PDF format by clicking on the image below